Top Tips: Creative Themes for Your Next Event
Ready to break away from the oh-so-boring boardroom? Here are some clever ideas on themed meetings from the Westin New York at Times Square.
• Dinner on the Green: Attendees can learn about sustainable and organic foods through interactions with the chef, while enjoying an array of menu items including local cheeses from Vermont to New York, a farmer’s market choice of vegetables, Asian flavorings, North Atlantic seafood display, pies, tarts and more.
• Spa-ception: Guests enjoy food and wine paired with special spa services to fulfill and relax.
• Rock N’ Roll Sushi: Attendees help make sushi alongside the sushi chef, all while enjoying the sounds of some classic rock songs. Guests can play an instrument or take the lead role on vocals with a game of Rock Band.
• Drive-In Movie Night: This “night out” includes a classic movie of choice on the big screen (the Westin has an attached movie theatre), or multiple movies set in different rooms. Classic movie props offer a fun feel along with hot buttered popcorn, freshly made pizza, nachos and candy bars, as well as a menu of great comfort food and drink.
• The Zen Meeting: The Zen meeting is just that—a very relaxed, laid back and calming meeting experience. The Zen inspired reception menu includes items such as waiter-passed Crispy Duck Salad with Lime and Chili, Ahi Tuna Tarta Wonton Tuile and Petit Fried Rice with Fontina. Crudités shots include carrot, ginger, orange, sweet pea, mint and more. Various stations are set up along the perimeter of the room, which include a Yin Yang dumpling station, where a variety of authentic dumplings are served from elevated brick woks.
• Green Meetings: Companies with green on their mind can choose to enjoy sustainable menu choices and eco-friendly meeting sets; composting or the donation of leftover foods; organic, re-usable centerpieces; paperless pre-event and billing collateral; organic wine offerings and access to a “green” limousine company providing natural gas- powered vehicles.
The Westin New York at Times Square boasts over 34,000 square feet of flexible meeting space featuring 32 meeting and breakout rooms, including a dramatic, seven-story interior atrium, and three ballrooms ranging from 220 square feet to 3,500 square feet. There is also a 13-screen movie theatre, accommodating up to 526 people, connected to the hotel. For additional information, please visit www.westinny.com.